Litter-Robot: What happens if the globe jams?
If the globe becomes jammed or overloaded, the motor will stop and the control panel will display a yellow-to-red-light flashing sequence. To reset the unit, follow these steps:
[Turn off and unplug the unit by removing the black power jack from the back of the base, prior to this troubleshooting]
1. Remove the bonnet and set it aside.
2. Remove the globe and set it aside, but be careful not to let it roll.
3. Inspect the exterior, top portion of the base where the globe usually rests. Do you see any liquid? Any residue or trails where liquid may have pooled or dripped before drying up? If any are seen, take a photo before progressing.
4. Check for and remove any obstructions or excessive litter (max 4.5kgs of litter or filled to the fill line).
5. Replace the globe and bonnet, ensuring both rear tabs and front tabs are in place, and the black key on the back of the globe is seated into the pocket. Please view the video on how to remove and replace the bonnet here:
6. Plug the power supply back in and turn the unit on. The Litter-Robot will then perform a clean cycle and return to the Home position with the blue light on.
If this does not happen, please note the light colours and flash rate or patterns or any other behaviors you are noticing. You will need to submit a ticket for further assistance.